Monday, May 9, 2011

Recent Cakes

It's been quite awhile since I decorated anything.  After the intense baking of the Christmas season, I needed a bit of a break.  And so did my waistline.  There's a bit of an ebb and flow to my weight.  My winter clothes are all a size larger than my summer clothes.  My body plans ahead for the cold of the winter months and begins adding insulation right around Halloween.  Sort of like a grizzly bear.  If only I could also hibernate.

I decided to jump back in and do some practicing over the recent holidays.  For Easter, I made this cake for my side of the family.  Chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and green tinted coconut for the grass.  I decorated sugar cookies with a royal icing-type glaze to make the Easter eggs.


For Mother's Day, I copied a cake from I am Baker and made this rose cake.  White cake with peach filling (made from some thickened peach butter).  If you're a frosting person, this cake is for you.  And if you're not a frosting person...well, just scrape it off and give to the child (of any age, young or old) next to you. 



1 comment:

  1. The rose cake is beautiful! Seriously, so pretty! Love the Easter cake, too! How fun! Now I'm hungry! ;-)

    ReplyDelete