Saturday, June 25, 2011

Loaded Baked Potato & Grilled Veggies

A few nights ago we fired up the grill and had a delicious meal of grilled fish; red peppers, zucchini, and yellow summer squash right on the grill; and potatoes with onions and green peppers cooked in foil.  It was an incedibly refreshing supper.

But that's not what I'm here to talk about.  I'm here to talk about what we did with the leftovers.  We didn't have any fish leftover (my 2-year-olds ate 2 fillets each! Who knew?!).  For lunch we fried up the potatoes and added some chili powder, cumin and cilantro and threw in a few eggs.  Great - but here's where it goes from great to...?...super great?



I should start by saying that this was all my husband's doing, I didn't have any part in this except the photos and the eating (and now the writing).  I should say that because he'd want me to.  And, of course, because it's true.

Anyway, in a skillet he mixed the leftover red bell peppers, zucchini, and yellow squash (cut into bite-sized pieces), a can of petite cut diced tomatoes, a half a can of tomato sauce, and about half a cup of red wine.  He cooked these together for somewhere around 5 - 8 minutes.  Then we put them on top of our baked potatoes and it was fantastic.



We are trying to go meatless with a few more of our meals, and this was a great way to do it...quite filling and it tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment