Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

I need to branch out.  My kitchen is getting a little boring.  Don't get me wrong...it is still delicious, but I seem to have a gone a little chocolate-and-peanut-butter crazy.



I made these cookies when we had a big snow storm last week and we had a day off school.  These cookies are fantastic...but you need a snow day to make them.  It's a long process.  Not so much the mixing of the cookies, or any of the particular techniques or processess (it's a dump-and-stir kind of recipe)...but the baking takes a long time.  That's probably what makes them so good, though.




Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
makes about 5 dozen

2 C. flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 C. brown sugar
1-1/4 C. white sugar
1 C. butter (softened)
3 eggs
1 C. peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat oven to 300°F

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, with a mixer blend the sugars and then add the butter and beat until light and fluffy.  Then add the eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla.  Mix at medium speed until well blended.

Add flour mixture and mix at low speed until just mixed.

If desired, fold in extras.  I added about a half cup each of plain M&Ms, Reeces Pieces, and chocolate chips.

Drop by the tablespoonful on to a parchment covered cookie sheet*.  Bake for 18 - 22 minutes.

For longer shelf-life, store in an air-tight container with a piece of bread.

*I skipped the parchment paper on mine...but I should have included it.  They were a bit greasy.

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I love all your pb recipes, too, but they have no place in my home due to allergies, unfortunately.

    Do you plan to make a fun and delicious meal for V Day? Share!

    ReplyDelete