Monday, September 5, 2011

Butterfly Burgers



Some days my girls' will eat anything I put in front of them.  Some days they won't touch a thing on their plate - even if they gobbled it down a few days before.  Cooking for two two-and-half-year-olds can be challenging, to say the least.  It would be stressful if I let it bother me.  Instead, I usually just cook whatever I want and if they eat it...great.  If not...well, that's their problem.

I'm not that hard-hearted, though.  I do make lots of attempts to make things that I think...that I hope...they will eat and enjoy.  The difficult thing is, however, that they are so incredibly inconsistent.  If they always hated bananas, well, that would be easy.  But they pick and choose when they don't like something.  Love it one day, hate it the next.  Even worse...one loves it on Monday and the other hates it, but they'll flip it for Wednesday.  Again...if I let it bother me, it would be stressful.



These Butterfly Burgers, however, they both loved.  And they both loved them when we first had them, then...they both  loved them for leftovers.  Score!!

Butterfly (or any shape) Burgers

Mix together:
1 lb. ground turkey
1 can. mashed white beans (great northern, navy, cannolini, baby butter, etc)
dash worchestershire sauce
dash olive oil
1 egg white

Pick your favorite cookie cutter.  Place the cookie cutter on the broiler pan, and fill with the meat/bean mixture, packing it tightly.  (If you do it on a seperate surface and try to transfer to the broiler pan, there's a good chance it will fall apart.  I found it much easier to just do it on the pan.)  Depending on the size of your cookie cutter, you'll probably get somewhere around 6 - 8 burgers.

Broil until no longer pink in the center and lightly browned on the outside.

I "decorated" just with ketchup, but it would be fun to decorate with cheese cut into shapes, or mustard, pickles, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment